Thursday, January 21

January 21, 2010: rest and recover

So I was once again confined to the house today as I'm still contagious with strep throat. I slept on and off throughout the day, only to read or watch a bit of a movie when I was awake. I've had ice cream and gatorade for the last two days and could really use some actual food pretty soon. I'm going to work tomorrow no matter how I feel, so let's hope I can make it through my meeting with the CEO in one piece. Hey if the meeting turns nasty, maybe I can just hope that they catch strep from me :)

One of my dear friends Paul called to cheer me up this evening, and we chatted until I was too tired to speak. Paul and I have been friends for five years. He lives in the East, and we've had a long and at times complicated relationship. Paul and I met on a dating site when I first graduated from college. The membership was a gift from my parents as they thought I could use some help meeting people after I moved to a new city. Somehow Paul and I got matched even though we live in different parts of the country. We emailed, talked, and finally met about a year into our friendship. There is definitely chemisry there, but neither of us could ever imagine moving that far to give us a real shot. He's so incredibly dear to me. He makes me laugh, he's intelligent, opinionated, loves his friends and family, he loves his routines, and he apologizes to no one. He tells the best stories of anyone I know. In a perfect world, we'd definitely give it a go, but I'll settle for his friendship anyday. I can't imagine a day going by without talking to Paul. He was pretty sick last year, and for a while I was worried. I even considered flying up to be with him for a major surgery he went through. I'd do anything for the man, but I don't think he will ever know how much I care about him. In my heart I just hope he knows.

So after our conversation, I went and appropriately medicated myself with my various prescriptions in order to get a good night's sleep. I'm ready for a relaxing weekend. I'm going to concentrate on rest and the job search. Let's hope that this time next month, I'll be settled into a new city with wonderful possibilities and beginnings waiting for me.

Ciao,

Miss L.A.

P.S. I also added a few items on my blog. I added a link to donate to the Red Cross for the Haiti disaster. These people's lives are worse than any of the poorest people in our own country. Please consider giving anything you can afford. Every little bit helps.

I also added links to support my family members who've lost or are currently battling cancer. My aunt is currently undergoing treatment for Ovarian cancer. This is a hard disease to discover, so read up ladies. Knowing the symptoms could save a life.

Colon cancer research is also a cause I really support. I've lost my grandfather, an ex-boyfriend, and a dear friend's mother to this disease. If you have a history, get a colonoscopy done. Encourage anyone you know over 50 to get this done yearly. You might save their life.

I've lost too many people in my life to cancer. I hope that we find a cure in my lifetime. Just remember that whatever you can do helps. Please leave me a comment if you'd like anymore information about these causes.

I'll climb off my soap box now. Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment