Tuesday, February 2

January 30, 2010: One chaotic weekend

I first must apologize for being a little behind with my posts for the weekend. I've been moving and driving all over the place, and just haven't had a chance to write. My internet went down Saturday, so I'm just getting around to the last two days of posts.

So, Saturday I got up early and began packing, AGAIN. I feel like I've packed and moved more boxes in the last three months than just about any other time in my life. That's saying a lot since I've moved something like nineteen times in my life. I moved out of my fabulous house at the end of October of last year. I packed, sold, and stored all eleven hundred square feet of my belongings. All my worldly possesions now reside in a 16x8 foot box. When I finally get to my new city, get a job and a place to live, this box will be delivered to me so I can settle into my new home. You would think that after storing so many things that I wouldn't have much left. Unfortunately I filled up my little four-door sedan on two separate trips. I'm starting to think that I wish I could just sell everything I own and start over.

After a day of packing, Walmart shopping, and throwing things out, I drove up to see my best friend Ally and store some things in her garage. I also dropped off my most prized possession, my dog Molly, to stay with her for the week while I stayed at my James' house. He has three cats and I'm pretty sure Molly would lose an eye if she stayed there. She may only weigh seven pounds, but she thinks she can beat up a twenty pound cat anyday. :)


While I was visiting Ally, we went to see a great movie, Crazy Heart. You should seriously consider the soundtrack (Crazy Heart: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack). The acting was incredible. I loved every minute of it. If you are a music lover, run, don't walk to see this film. T Bone Burnett wrote the music, and it's some of the best country music that I've heard in a long time. I can't wait to see if they win for Best Original song at the Oscars.

After a long day, it was good to fall into bed and finally be able to get a full night's sleep. I could breathe well enough to sleep through the whole night. A first for the week.


Ciao for now,

Miss L.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment