Friday, January 29

January 29, 2010: I quit!

So today I did something that I never thought I'd have the guts to do. I quit my job. That's right, Miss L.A. used her writing and speaking skills to sit down with the scary CFO and tell her that this wasn't going to work and that I would be leaving in two short weeks. And then I handed her my lovely written resignation letter. I even negotiated a small severance!

As you likely read in yesterday's post, my life is a little out of sorts at the moment. I've been living out of boxes, broke, sick, stressed, and unhappy at work. And even though I've only been doing my new secretary job for a few days, and people are already starting to talk to me like I'm stupid. People call, and I feel like they instantly assume that I'm an airhead.

So, after the crazy mix of it all, I decided that moving home and starting my life fresh in a new(ish) city would be the best option. I mean, it's not really that new because I lived there growing up, but it's been 11 years since I've lived there and I know that times have changed. I can't wait to see and catch up with my friends. I can't wait to find all the good restaurants, and my favorite hangouts, and just to rediscover my sense of curiosity.

After all the bad of yesterday, I'm finishing today on a high note. I'm ready to take this next step and make sure that my 2010 is the best year I've ever had.

Cheers,

Miss L.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment