Wednesday, January 27

January 27th, 2010: Hot Toddy & Music for the Soul

So my laryngitis is now in full gear. I can't talk, I can't sing, and everyone who talks to me on the phone thinks I'm crying. So, after dealing with this all day, my momma instructed me to make myself a hot toddy for bed. So, I took down my hidden bottle of Jim Beam, some honey, and lemon juice and went to town. I'm sipping it as I type this blog entry. Please excuse any grammatical errors or run on sentences. :)

I finished listening to my new music from yesterday, and I'm on cloud nine. I can't believe that I got two great, yet totally different albums yesterday. The Lady A Need You Now album is awesome. It's just as good, if not better than the last album. It's so rare to find new artists that can produce solid albums back to back. I can't even decide what track is my favorite, but I know that "When You Got a Good Thing" was really hitting home today. I'm not quite sure why since I don't exactly have a 'good thing' going on with any man in my life, but it's a sweet song. Let's hope once I get all settled in my new town, my new job, and a some new digs, that I can get a good thing!

I'm really ready for bed tonight after a long day at work. I started my new 'job duties' today, and they aren't much fun. I'm grinning and bearing it though. I'd like to go out on a high note. I'm not one to do a half ass job at things, so when someone throws a challenge at me, even if it's just sitting through a remedial task without squirming, I'll take it. So, let's hope tomorrow is a little easier to swallow, literally and figuratively. I'll see if this Hot Toddy is going to work afterall.


Buono Notte,

Miss L.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment