Sunday, January 10

January 9th, 2010

Saturday was a great day. Began with introducing Rick to a local hole in the wall for breakfast, then quick trip into Walmart to grab some gear for our sports' event for the evening. We then headed to see Avatar. It was clearly a popular choice as we had to sit on the front row for the movie. It was definitely an anti-war, green statement film. I really enjoyed the special effects and the music, and overall it was a great movie. I'd like to go see it again in 3-D, but I'll be sitting in the back to enjoy it next time. It was so graphic that sitting up close made me dizzy.

After the movie we headed over to L&G (Lauren & Gene)'s house. They are some of my closest friends. I was in their wedding a few years back, and they are always so sweet to have me over for dinner a few times every month. We piled in the car and headed to the sports' bar to watch the NFL playoffs. My other dear friend Alex met us at the bar. Lauren, Alex and I chatted about Alex's upcoming wedding and we drank and had a good time while Rick and Gene discussed the war in Iraq and Rick's recent deployment. Our team won, so most left in high spirits. We headed home and were in bed again by midnight.

The best part of getting a little older is that I can go out, have a good time, get a good night's sleep and wake up hangover free. Here's to a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment