Tuesday, January 12

January 10th, 2010

Rick and I got up this morning and went to breakfast. He wanted me to show him around the city, so I drove him to all the famous landmarks in the city and showed off some of the great architecture in the neighborhoods. I was impressed with how well I could get around. I guess after six years of living in the same place, I'm pretty good at navigating the back roads.

After the drive we decided to go catch another movie. We saw Youth in Revolt. Wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but it was a really intelligent film, and quite funny. I laughed out loud at some of the lines, and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't a film full of 'stupid' humor.

After the movie we came home to relax for a bit. Rick showed me some of the pictures from his deployment overseas and we both took a cat nap.

Sunday evening we headed over to Alex and James house to watch James brew some beer. He built a kegerator out of a deep freeze and cut and stained wood mounting to the sides. He attached vintage keg taps and turned this freezer into a work of art. I was very impressed with all the work that he'd put into it. The beer was very tasty, and we had a great time chatting and hanging out. Alex and James recently got engaged, and are two of my dearest friends. I'm very excited for them. They are so in love, and over the four years of our friendship, I've seen their love grow for each other. They have the kind of relationship that I hope to have one day. I know their wedding will prove to be one of the highlights of the year.

After a wonderful night of beer, apple wine, and good conversation, Rick and I headed back home so I could get a good night's sleep to start my week. I'm sad that he must leave tomorrow, but I'm glad we finally got to catch up after all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment