Sunday, February 21

February 19, 2010: Funkytown

I didn't think I'd make it to Friday. What a week. I was glad to finally be able to get out of the house for a bit. I headed to Ralph's Friday night to help him run errands and pack. We hit up a great taco joint for dinner, even though I wasn't exactly dressed for dinner. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but Ralph is always dressed to a T. I guess when you writea style blog, you have to be.

After we scarfed down some dinner, we headed back to pack. It was so great to hang out with this guy again. We laughed and caught up on life. This guy still cracks me up after 14 years of friendship. After a few hours of packing, we decided to meet up with a friend for a drink to take a break.

We headed out at midnight, a rare feat for me as of late. We got to the bar, and immediately felt old. It was loud, young, and the music was not our taste at all. I looked around, and saw all of these college kids who just seemed to live in a different time than I do. We had a couple of drinks, chatted, and decided to call it a night. As we're walking back to the car, Ralph informs me he is hungry. At 1:30 AM. And so we hit up the taco joint for the second time to grab some chips & queso. I felt like I was back in college eating this late, with all the hungry drunk kids. It was a lot of fun. We laughed at some of the drunken behavior we saw at the late hour.

After a long day, I finally headed home to get a little sleep. It was rough knowing that I had to get up in 5 hours. I knew that my nephews would come bounding in early, so I had no problems falling into bed and into sleep immediately. Excited for a great Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment