Tuesday, February 16

February 15, 2010: Soccer mom/Housewife, Day 1

So today was the beginning of a new adventure. One into a territory that I thought was in a very distant future. I was a bona fide soccer mom/housewife today. I wore my velour tracksuit and Uggs. I dropped off the kids in the carpool lane. I made breakfast. I packed backpacks. I did laundry and dishes. I waited on a repair man. I worked out. I helped with homework and shopped for groceries. I made dinner and ran baths. And then I collapsed. Man, moms have tough jobs. I just don't know if I'm cut out for staying at home all day. No human interaction. No reason to change out of your sweatpants. I think men must think women don't do anything all day because when they come home to a spotless house, they must think that it just always looks that way. WRONG. I gave my mom an extra hug when she got home. I finally sat down at 9:30, after being on my feet since 6:30 AM. That's worse than when I have an office job.

All in all, it was a rewarding day. It was nice to have people say thank you, and be so appreciative of taking the load off of the rest of my family. Dinner was so wonderful to sit around our table and be surrounded by my family. It's been a really long time since we've all sat there and been so happy. And it cemented the fact that this is what I've been missing all along.

Good night,

Miss L.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment